Thursday, January 9, 2014

blog 11: Mentorship 10 hours


1.   Where are you doing your mentor ship?

I'm doing my  mentor ship at Cal Poly Pomona, I'm on a team of Engineering grad students working alongside Northrop Grumman. This project is a collaboration project that serves as an outreach program for job applications and experience.

2.   Who is your contact?


Ajay Bettadapura Aero Space , Ian Mcllraith Hardwear. etc (providing buisness card)

3.   How many total hours have you done (total hours should be reflected in your mentor ship log located on the right hand side of your blog like your WB)?

49 Hours and 50 min listed, but 52 hours and 50 min total.

4.   Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.

I've completed 10 hours this week so I am writing on that in particular, so this week my mentor introduced me to programing! On Monday I was ready to start working on the FPGA ( ), but Ian convinced Ajay that the FPGA would have to come later because of the difficulty of the programming. So with that being said I've spent my 10 hours working on this arduino board figuring out what to make it do and how to program it. My mentor wants me to be independent and find solutions on my own so he told me to figure this step of the process on my own.

5.   Email your house teacher the name of your contact and their phone number confirming who they should call to verify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment