Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mentorship

    Literal
·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog
·   Mentor: Ajay Bettadapura Cal Poly Pomona
    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
Seriously working in a team but also knowing my limitations as to what I can do, I was very cocky you should say when it came to group work, I thought I knew everything, but when i was on this team I was the one that didn't know anything and it fueled my mind to try to grasp what was going on around me. Personally a lot of opportunities have come my way i just wanna see where they lead me to in the future
   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.
 
This project was the foundation to my EQ, What my mentor did was he taught me from the ground up starting with binary and simple coding, to working on sophisticated prototypes. This experience has opened up many doors and opportunities for me in the future. When it came to having to choose what answer best answered my EQ I had to choose my third answer, every engineer should treat completed robots as sophisticated prototypes, which made sense in the end because its the end result that matters, yes programing and hardware are good, but it wont mean anything if it hasn't been tested.
*Please do not turn in your mentorship hours to the office.  After we collect the total list from all seniors, we will turn in one piece of paper with all hours for everybody.  It is counted as 50 hours of the 200 you need in order to graduate from I-Poly.  The 10 hours in the summer have already been added to your community service total.

No comments:

Post a Comment